Blacksmith’s Black Bean Chili
A traditional medium spiced chili with nutritious quick cook black beans and south of the border spices makes this a sure hit with chili lovers. Add crushed tomatoes, ground meat and simmer for a hearty meal. Leftovers make a fantastic taco salad!
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Contains: Dried Beans, dried vegetables, herbs & spices
Allergen Info:Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional sour cream (to garnish)
- In a 4 quart pot, add water, chili mix, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Brown beef, drain and add to chili along with the crushed tomatoes. Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream or cheddar cheese. Serve with fresh cornbread or tortilla chips. Makes a great taco salad topper!
Fill Pot With:
Brown and drain 3/4 lb beef (optional)
Fill pot with:
- 3C of water
- Blacksmith’s Black Bean Chili soup mix
- 2T Worcestershire sauce
- 1T brown sugar
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- salt to taste
Close Lit and Set Vent to “Pressure Cook”
Set Program to “Soup/Broth – Medium setting.
Note: ( Manual settings is 350 Deg. 30 Minute pressure cook.)
- Use turkey burger, rather than ground beef
- Use 94% lean ground beef.
- Prepare as directed in Step One and Two. Omit ground beef and serve over cooked brown or white rice.
- Add cheddar or Jalapeno cheese and cubed chicken.
Crock Pot Instructions
Cooks in 30 minutes, crock pot not necessary.