Colonial Broccoli Cheddar Chowder
Colonial Broccoli Cheddar Chowder is a wonderful 30-minute chowder mix containing large freeze-dried broccoli heads, orzo pasta and all natural seasonings. Just add broth, cream, cheese and potatoes for a delicious and nourishing meal. Serve with a sandwich or fresh loaf bread for a satisfying meal. Leftovers are great served on a baked potato.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: Freeze-dried broccoli, orzo pasta, dried vegetables, herbs & spices
Allergen Info: Wheat & dairy ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes diced (or 1 1/2 cups southern style frozen hash brown potatoes)
- 1 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Add soup mix and potatoes to chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer until potatoes are tender (10-15 minutes)
- Stir in half & half and shredded cheese. Remove from heat and let rest 20 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
Colonial Broccoli Cheddar Chowder pairs well with fresh-baked crusty bread. This hearty soup makes a great hit at potluck dinners!
- Use fat free half and half, reduced fat milk (2%), soy, or rice milk
- Use vegetable broth, rather than chicken broth
- Use low-fat cheese
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth
- Add extra potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli
- Add 3/4 pound cubed ham or crumble crisp cooked bacon on top of soup
Crock Pot Instructions
Cooks in 40 minutes. No crock pot necessary!