Farmer Al’s Homegrown Tomato Basil Bisque
A classic tomato soup with a spectacular gourmet flair! Simply add broth, diced tomatoes and cream to create a culinary inspiration of this time honored soup.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: Tomato, onion, carrot, brown sugar, basil, green and yellow pepper, celery, parsley and garlic
Allergen Info: gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, and tree nuts.
4 cups (32 oz) chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 cup half & half or milk
1 cup water
Salt to taste
- Stir soup mix into cold chicken broth and water, mixing well. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and simmer on low heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add half & half and serve. For a creamy bisque, puree using a food processor, blender or immersion blender. Garnish with croutons or grated cheese.
Henna Marie’s Potato Cheese Soup pairs great with a fresh salad or baked bread. Add noodles or alphabet pasta for a hearty meal!
- Use fat free chicken broth.
- Substitute fat free or 2% milk.
- Consider using unflavored rice or soy milk.
- Add smoked ham or bacon.
- Substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth and prepare per directions.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas:
- Garnish with croutons, grated cheese, or a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches.