Henna Marie’s Potato Cheese Soup
This yummy, rich potato and cheese soup is complete with freeze dried potatoes and the right amount of spices. This soup makes an outstanding pot of comfort! Just add cream and cook up 30 minutes and you will have wonderful meal for a cold night. This soup was named after Cooke Tavern’s own ‘Henna Marie’.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: potatoes, freeze-dried cheddar cheese, onions, garlic, parsley, chives, herbs and spices
Allergen Info: gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1 large potato, diced (or 1 cup Ore-Ida southern-style hash browns)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Bring chicken broth & water to a boil. Add soup package, potatoes, and bring back to a boil for 5 minutes while stirring continuously (until cheese melts).
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half. Serve with a garnish of crumbled bacon.
Henna Marie’s Potato Cheese Soup pairs great with a fresh salad or baked bread. Add noodles or alphabet pasta for a hearty meal!
- Add fat free or low fat chicken broth
- Substitute fat-free half & half or whole milk.
- Substitute vegetable broth and soy milk. Prepare per directions.
- Add ground sausage, ham or bacon.
- For great seafood chowder, add clams or shrimp.
Crock Pot Instructions
Cooks in only 40 minutes. No crock pot necessary!