Sweet Annie’s Butternut Squash Bisque
This soup is rich, comforting and loaded with flavor. Creamy butternut squash, carrots and ginger along with a hint of nutmeg make this a comfort soup throughout the winter season.
Just add broth, potatoes and a cup of cream to cook up this delicious healthy and nutritious soup.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Contains: Freeze-dried butternut squash, carrots, onion, ginger, brown sugar, herbs and spices
Allergen Info: gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, and tree nuts.
6 cups (48 oz) chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (or 2 cups southern style frozen hash brown potatoes)
1 cup half & half
1 cup water
Salt to taste
- Stir soup mix into cold chicken broth and water, mixing well. Add potatoes and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Simmer 40 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add half & half and stir. We recommend pureeing the soup. Garnish with toasted almond slices.
- Use fat free chicken broth.
- Substitute fat free or 2% milk.
- Consider using unflavored rice or soy milk.
- Add sliced carrots or cubed butternut squash.
- Substitute vegetarian broth and prepare per directions.
Serving Suggestions & Ideas:
- Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted almond slices.
- Serve with your favorite salad or fresh baked bread.